You are here:
Tech Tips >
RacingBrake Caliper Brake Kit Installation
- 10mm Hex head wrench (required to install caliper to adapter)
- Assorted wrenches as needed
- Jack up the car and place it on safety stands.
- Remove the wheel.
- Disconnect the brake line.
- Detach the existing caliper & bracket from the spindle.
- Remove the rotor from the hub.
- Clean up all mating surfaces.
- Attach the caliper adapter to the spindle (P/N ADXXX facing out) with the original bracket bolts (do not tighten yet).
- Install rotor.
- Place caliper over rotor & attach caliper to the adapter with the 2 ea of M12 bolts supplied.
- Torque the caliper adapter to the spindle per vehicle manufacturer specification (45-50 Ft-Lbs.).
- Position the caliper so that the bleeder screw is pointing up.
- Torque caliper bolts to 55-65 Ft-Lbs.
- Check rotor & caliper alignment.
- Spin the rotor & make sure it rotates freely without interference.
If you are not replacing brake lines, skip to step 17.
To install stainless steel brake lines, break the fittings and detach retaining clips, if any.
Replace the old lines with the new ones using new hardware supplied.
Bleed the line by following proper bleeding procedures (under Tech Tips).