EDP Coating w/cross cut grinding on friction surface
Click here to learn how RB two-piece rotors are built differently than the competition.
Weight Comparison (each)
|| 16.9 lbs.
|RB One-piece |
| 14.8 lbs.|
|| 12.0 lbs.
4.9 lbs. vs. OE One Piece
- Alloyed iron formula adds strength and heat resistance. Heat
treating further improves rotor performance for a more uniform and
cooling vanes are of a convergent nozzle design, which increases airflow and
turbulence and makes discs cooler. (Illustration #1)
The center-mount flanges for hat mounting to the rotor ring have several
benefits. (Illustration #2)
Exclusive full floating design with 10.9 grade alloyed hardware.
Hardware is DACRO coated and crimp locking. DACRO is highly corrosion
resistant and provides a film for easier movement between the hat and rotor ring
as disc expands and contracts and
the crimp design provides positive engagement without rattling or torque loss
- It allows the ring to be used on either side of the vehicle simply by mounting
the hat on either side of the ring (unidirectional).
- The stress load transferred from the ring to the hat is balanced.
- Air inlets are widely open to both
inboard and outboard sides of the rotor. More air suctions and even
temperature on both sides of the disc surface.
- Heat transfer from the disc surfaces to the hat is even and minimized by
increasing the flange length and the airflow around the flanges.
- Mounting flanges are on both friction surfaces ultimately provides
Two-Piece Feature Comparison Chart