Customers who have previously purchased RB stock sized VW two-piece (p/n 2171) rotors can use coupon "VW01" for a loyalty discount at checkout.
This Progressive Upgrade kit is intended for customers who already own RB stock replacement two piece rotors.
Although the kit can also be used as a caliper upgrade for OEM or aftermarket rotors (with the same size and offset), it is highly recommend for people who are considering this option to purchase the complete kit to assure the compatibility and peak performance of the brake system.
Please note that any issue associated with the non-RB rotors is not warranted.
Note that the pad height of the RB caliper pad is 1-3 mm smaller than
the friction width of the OE rotor, so a small rust ring may form on your rotors.
Note - Coupon eligibility is subject to verification. If you purchased RB products through our dealers you should also order this upgrade package from them for the same discount. In other words, you must have an account with us showing your purchase of RB rotors (one or two piece) before or the discount will be disqualified.
VW MK5/6 345x30 stock sized rotors are required and not included with this kit. To save money by purchasing the complete kit with rotors, click here.
This kit comes with the following:
- (2) 4-piston aluminum calipers (RB460)
- (2) Aluminum adapters
- (1) Set of custom built front stainless steel brake lines is required to install this kit, which will replace the complicated OE lines
- (1) Set of RB brake pads
Benefits of using RB calipers versus stock calipers:
For street driving, here are the benefits:
- More responsive braking, as pistons are coming from both sides of the rotor, versus just one side on the OE calipers.
- Lighter weight calipers, which means that you are removing unpsrung weight from your vehicle, which results in better cornering and handling.
- Better cosmetic looks - our caliper looks much more impressive in your wheel versus the OE caliper. The calipers are powder coated in California with glossy powder coat.
- Brake pads are readily available (FMSI pad shape D1149) and easy to replace.
- Quality Assurance - each caliper is assembled and hydro tested in our California facility.
For drivers who race, our calipers offer an even greater benefit versus OEM and other companies' Big Brake Kits:
- The pistons are made out of stainless steel versus the usual aluminum material, resulting in less heat being transferred back to the brake fluid. This means that there is less of a chance of air being introduced into your brake line.
- Pistons are dust sealed and pressure sealed to maintain longevity and reduce maintenance.