Learn why RB Aluminum caliper kits are different from others.
This kit includes:
Due to the variety of available wheels, we
recommend checking your wheel clearance with our kit prior to installation to
confirm fitment. Click here to download the wheel fitment template for this kit.
- 2 Two-piece center-mount rotors
- 2 4-Piston calipers (RB4045)
- 2 Aluminum adapters and hardware
- 1 Pair front stainless steel braided brake lines
- 1 Set of RB ET performance street brake pads
Learn more on RB ET Series brake pads.
|OE 1-pc (290x24mm)
|RB 2-pc (322x25mm)
|Total weight saving per corner
= 10.4 lbs
Rotor Ring: D214-01-311
Brake Pad: PD647
- True floating two-piece rotors with patent pending center-mount design.
- Direct bolt on, easy to install.
- Alloyed iron formula adds strength and heat resistance. Heat
treating further improves rotor performance for a more uniform and
- EDP Coating w/cross cut grinding on friction surface.
- Rotor weight is: 14.9 lbs.
7075-T6 Aluminum Alloy
- Caliper Body: Made of forged 6061-T6. Light weight at only 4.5lbs, these new RB4000 calipers are re-designed and built for the toughest brake jobs with extended service life before any rebuild is required.
- Low Profile: Together with RB Center-Mount design two-piece rotors, you hardly even need to require a spacer to install the kit. It fits under 16’ wheel for 300mm rotors.
- Piston Material: Made of stainless steel instead of aluminum commonly used by other caliper mfgrs which can substantially reduce the heat transfer (approx 1/10 of aluminum) from the pad to brake fluid. Pistons are vented to further reduce the heat contact area and improve air circulation thereby reducing more heat transfer. (Image 1)
- Dust Seal: Our dust seal is of built-in type (instead of external boot type) uniquely designed to shield the dust and foreign material from contamination and will not rip - as commonly seen on boot type dust seals. (Image 2)
- Hardware: Brake pad pins and banjo connections were re-designed for easier brake line connection and brake pad replacement.
- Surface Coating: Powder coating with most durable finish for lasting appeal.
- Hardware: Most hardware is made of stainless steel for durable performance and appearance.
- Never Get Lost Bleeder Cap: Newly designed with a retaining loop so you will never have to find it again and/replace the lost ones. (made of durable EPDM) (Image 3)
- Use standard FMSI brake pads (D647): A very common P/N (same as WRX 4-pot fix pistons calipers, plenty of choice for suppliers and compounds.
- Made in USA: Calipers are designed, fully assembled and hydro-tested in our Fullerton, CA facility, with full after sales support/service.
Our unique and patent pending rotor designs make our discs cooler and last
cooling vanes are of a convergent nozzle design, which increases airflow and
turbulence and makes discs cooler. (Illustration #1)
The center-mount flanges for hat mounting to the rotor ring have several
benefits. (Illustration #2)
True floating design
- It allows the ring to be used on either side of the vehicle simply by mounting
the hat on either side of the ring (unidirectional).
- The stress load transferred from the ring to the hat is balanced.
- Air inlets are widely open to both
inboard and outboard sides of the rotor. More air suctions and even
temperature on both sides of the disc surface.
- Heat transfer from the disc surfaces to the hat is even and minimized by
increasing the flange length and the airflow around the flanges.
- Mounting flanges are on both friction surfaces ultimately provides
Exclusive full floating design with 10.9 grade alloyed hardware.
Hardware is DACRO coated and crimp locking. DACRO is highly corrosion
resistant and provides a film for easier movement between the hat and rotor ring
as disc expands and contracts and
the crimp design provides positive engagement without rattling or torque loss
Feature Comparison Two-piece Rotor